Duties and Responsibilities
- He shall report to the Chief of Surgery.
- He shall take on call duties according to the requirements of the department.
- He shall be responsible for all the clinical, education, training and research related activities in the unit.
- He shall be available throughout working hours and whenever on call and be responsible for the surgical care of all the emergency and elective patients admitted under his care.
- He shall conduct clinical and teaching rounds for the junior staff working with him.
- He shall plan and execute the surgical and vascular management of all his patients and may choose to delegate this to the junior staff under his direct supervision.
- Together with the unit staff, he shall run outpatient referral clinics, minor O.R. sessions and any other special clinics as his subspecialty requires or as assigned by the Chief of the department.
- He shall contribute actively to the departmental academic activities, regularly oversees and presents the surgical audit of his unit.
- He shall involve himself and his unit in clinical investigative research with a view to enrich the surgical literature and promote surgical science as a whole.
- Performs other duties within the realm of his/her qualifications and experience.
- Experience in teaching and clinical research (desirable)
- Computer Skills (desirable)
MB, Bch and Essential – Fellowship of a Royal College of Surgeons (Vascular Surgery) or its equivalent degree held for at least 5 years