The purpose of this position is to ensure the Al Amthal firewall and network integrity (internal and external) and the general IT resources of the company is monitored and maintained in a proper and efficient manner.
- Primary responsibility includes configuration and administration of Company’s firewall as per the industry best practices and ensuring the IT network’s availability all the time.
- Monitor and administer the network devices such as switches, routers etc.
- Applying workstation/servers security patches and monitoring them.
- Maintain and Administer the Company Telephone System.
- Installing new hardware (servers, printers, computer workstations, etc.)
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Overseeing security of all systems, especially the internet, and installing antivirus protection
- Planning future improvements, suggesting IT solutions to business problems
- Ensuring the network structure meets the best industry standards.
- Fixing network faults.
- Receives calls, faxes or emails from user Departments requesting emergency or routine services from the IT Department.
- Training staff on new systems.
- Day to day administration and monitoring of network traffic.
- Supervising helpdesk staff.
- Contributes to Department objectives by ensuring that the company operates on secured network and providing business users with un-interrupted IT service.
- Comply with relevant legislation and Regulatory guidelines.
- Undertakes daily activity in line with Company policy.
- Works with line manager to establish and achieve performance objectives and KPIs.
- Undertakes additional duties as and when required by Chief Information Technology Officer.
- Contributes to the work of IT team and participates in professional development opportunities.
- Engages in a ‘learning culture’ by participating in training, mentoring, coaching etc.
- Embeds Company culture and ethics in all activities.
- Agrees and complies with Al-Amthal Finance’s culture, ethics, code of conduct and cyber security policy, standards and procedures in all the activities of the Department.
- Degree in IT/Computer Engineering or related field.
- Training in Cisco Routers and Switches
- 2-3 years experience in administration and configuration of Firewall (preferably Palo alto).
- 2 -3 years experiences working with cisco, dell switches/core switches.
- Critical Skills
- Experience in administration of the firewall such as Palo Alto
- Experience in administration of Cisco and Dell Switches.
- Good analytical and logical skills.
- Experienced in Networking, Routers and Switches.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication skills (English and Arabic)