At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryPwC Global Overview
With offices in 155 countries and more than 284,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has more than 6,100 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 276,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.Audit Service Overview
Creating value that makes a real difference to a client's business is intrinsic to the PwC audit. Quality audits that bring unexpected and far-reaching benefits do not come from an unthinking compliance mindset but from a knowledgeable, questioning, imaginative and insightful approach.
The foundation of the service we deliver is the natural blend of compliance and value. We are experts in the application of audit methodology and audit techniques and use our expertise to bring precision and economy to our clients' audits. We use our knowledge of each client, together with our position as trusted advisor, to match our approach and our solutions to their needs.
Our view of our clients' organisations is broad and deep, and we look behind the numbers to consider what they mean for the business as a whole. We use the audit to explore and think more widely about our clients' businesses and the potential issues they face.
This understanding enables us to offer new solutions to our clients' problems, to help them learn from what has happened and prepare them for, or better still help them avoid, issues in the future.
About the opportunity
We are looking for Experienced/Senior Associates to join our Core Assurance practice in all our offices in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Dhahran, Jeddah, Khobar, Riyadh) starting from June 2022.
What you’ll create and do:
As a part of the External Audit team, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take on a professional role as part of our client-facing teams.
- Support the development of the audit approach and complete planning procedures.
- Provide coaching and feedback to junior members of the engagement team.
- Examine financial and accounting records, other documents, and tangible items such as inventory, or plant and equipment, or watch certain processes and procedures being performed.
- Ask a range of questions – from formal written questions to informal oral questions – with a range of individuals at our client organizations.
- Test the client organization's internal controls.
- Assess significant estimates, judgements or assumptions made by management.
- Verify and test financial statements and supporting disclosures.
- Perform completion procedures to support issuance of the audit report.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- At least 1-6 years of demonstrated progressive experience at the working with a range of external audit clients in a professional services firm.
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work.
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives.
- ACCA/CPA/CA/ ACA designation or equivalent designation, or in final stages of completion.
- A strong understanding of IFRS and Accounting standards for either FS or Non FS Industries.
- Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards.
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality.
- Previous experience in coaching and leading engagement teams.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment.
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English is considered an asset.
- Business development and client relationship building.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.