This position is the Site EH&S Manager for NEOM HIDC which is executed by GEMTE for the EMEA region. The incumbent is responsible for management of all aspects of construction safety in the phase of construction till hand over to commissioning team. The duration of the assignment is approximately 36 months. This is an on-site position in Tabuk, Saudi Arabia working a 8 week / 2 week rotation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is accountable for the following:
- Delivering a construction EHS program with support from the Site Manager and EH&S Director that meets the intent of the AP Global HSE Management System
- Organize and set up a competent/effective safety supervision task force with support from construction site manager and home office. Coach and develop the skills of site safety supervision team during execution.
- Develop EH&S legal matrices and establish an oversight program to assure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for developing and updating a full set of practical, concise site EHS management execution plans, including but not limited to EH&S Plan, Emergency Response Plan and Construction Environmental Management Plan.
- Particularly manage specified contractors’ daily construction safety activity, be able to issue warning letter.
- Ensure construction contractors follow all regulations and rules of national and local government and Air Products specification and standards during construction.
- Develop a training plan that incorporates a training needs analysis and utilized LearnEx.
- Develop and execute an audit program that monitors compliance with key EH&S standards.
- Organizes weekly management EHS walkthorughs and tours together with Site Manager, and contractors management and EHS representatives
- Monitor any third party or vendor site representative’s site safety activities.
- Report to site manager of any potential safety issue and unsafe conditions before and during project execution.
- Report to AP management any EHS incident within required timeline. Ensure proper level of investigation is conducted and report findings to management within required timeline.
- Review the EHS plan with the contractors and review update work-hours during the weekly meetings and report to site manager.
- Review and Maintain contractor’s daily report and weekly reports.
- Submit on time all necessary reports to the Air Products management.
- Ensure compliance with specifications, site conditions of existing plants, job safety analysis (JSA), safety work permits, and national health and safety requirements.
- Organize a weekly on-site construction EHS meeting with the assigned contractors and their subcontractors as required.
- Field safety status photographs are to be taken throughout the process of construction.
- Support with Safety Pre-Qualifications of subcontractors and vendors prior to mobilization
- Coordinate with the Medical Team to establish a robust Health Management Plan.
- Act as a Incident Management Coordinator and support Site Manager (Incident Manager) during emergency situation
- Support the Construction Manager with early establishment of the site high risk activities and early preparation of subcontractor awareness plans, required training, HAZID workshops to ensure safe execution.
- Ensures HAZID, high level Risk Assessments are properly done and reviewed
- Ensures Permit-to-Work office is well run and managed
- Ensure the Camp welfare standards are formally monitored on a monthly basis (e.g. Health and hygiene inspections).
- Global and Regional and NEOM Project functional alignment of Safety work processes.
- Works autonomously, reliably communicating upwards when appropriate.
- Chartered member of IOSH / CSP
- Engineering / Science diploma
SKILLS and Experience
- Team Player
- Strong communicator written and oral
- Strong and effective leader and coordinator
- Organised, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
- Strong Microsoft software skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Good presentation skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Middle East project experience
- Experience of working in a remote location
- 10+ years of EHS&S experience in an industrial environment with at least 5 years in a petrochemical/oil & gas company is considered essential
- Thorough knowledge of international standards for management of Health, Safety, Environment and Risk such as OSHA , NFPA, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Strong technical competence in construction Safety
- Ability to work in a multifaceted / multinational organizational matrix with a variety of working relationships
- Results / performance oriented. Must be able to understand impact of decisions/changes on project EHS&S risks and overall project success
- Experience of working as a First Responder as part of an Emergency Response program