Principal Objective: A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position.
- Ensure the delivery of marine objectives, in line with the Port Marine Safety Code applied to Jazan City for Primary and Downstream Industries (JCPDI) Port on behalf the JCPDI Port Authority, including pilotage, marine services, conservancy, traffic management and emergency preparedness.
- Familiar with normal harbour statutory undertakings, including International Ship and Port Facility Codes.
- Act as Senior Pilot.
Organizational Relationship: A brief synopsis of reporting relationships i.e., reports to, supports section, group, etc.; interfaces with senior management, clients, etc.
- Reports to COO and his Deputy.
- Senior interface with Coastal Guard, Fire brigade, Maritime Police and Ministries of Transport and Defense.
Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
- Ability to make day to day decisions and to prioritize work in line with operational requirements.
- Able to cooperate with numerous authorities including representatives of PSC, Customs, Veterinary agencies, Environment, Quarantine and Health Agencies, and local government.
- Understanding of the operations of a busy commercial port and its legal components and consequences.
- Experience of liaising with a cargo operations team in the programming of ship scheduling to maximize quay and storage efficiency
- Emergency procedures, SPO’s, MOS’s, COE, MPX, PPP, Norms & regulations, crisis Management authority, both remotely and on site, OSR and act as Pilotage Senior Manager.
- Full Management of the Navigational channel, Iala and Aton management.
- Interface with all statutory entities for the good compliance.
- In charge of Industry Safety standards applied to JEC Port.
- In charge of the VTS and Schedule planners.
- Line manager to marine manager.
Experience and Qualifications: List the background experience required for the position, number of years’ experience, in what fields. Describe the desirable academic background.
Bachelor’s Degree in a recognized nautical Academy as Deck Officer and holding STCW 95 11/2 (Masters Unlimited) Certificate of Competency (or equivalent) or a lesser STCW Qualification combined with relevant port operational experience. Pilot Class A is preferred. Versed in the Pilot Act 1987, IMO Conventions and PMSC (Port and Marine Safety Code).
Minimal ten (10) years’ experience as Harbor Master or Port Captain.
Must be fluent in English
Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Do you believe that losing is not an option?
Are you a goal-oriented individual who enjoys challenging yourself and the people you manage? If so, you’ve found your home. Here, you’ll feel elevated and inspired in an environment among gold-standard equals. Our staff is comprised of people from diverse backgrounds who are included, respected, and rewarded for their valuable contributions. Join us in meeting the high (standard) road and for guiding others to keep to that road, too.
Our most important resource is your innovative mind
If you’re a manager who’s always on the look-out for smarter ways to accomplish goals, you’ve found a home. We seek out fresh approaches to every facet of business, from everyday operations to high-level decisions. Our diverse staff hails from a variety of backgrounds, all bringing their valuable perspectives and skills. Here, everyone is included, respected, and offered every opportunity to grow.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.